[Translate] “I consider myself a Hindu, Christian, Moslem, Jew, Buddhist and Confucian.” ~ Gandhi “Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion My place is the placeless, a trace of the traceless. Neither body or soul.” ~ Rumi “There is a temple, a shrine, a mosque, a […]
[Translate] “Inner infinity spawns outer reality.” ~ Ron Rattner, Sutra Sayings The sun’s eyes are painting fields again. Its lashes with expert strokes Are sweeping across the land. A great palette of light has embraced This earth. Hafiz, if just a little clay and water Mixed in His bowl Can yield such exquisite scents, sights, […]
[Translate] “You are “gods”; you are all sons of the Most High.” ~ Psalm 82: 6 “Love said to me, there is nothing that is not me. Be silent.” ~ Rumi “If you could get rid of yourself just once, the secret of secrets would open to you. The face of the unknown, hidden beyond […]
[Translate] “Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation.” ~ Rumi “Silence is the communing of a conscious soul with itself. If the soul attend for a moment to its own infinity, then and there is silence. She is audible to all men, at all times, in all places, and if we […]
[Translate] “When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.” ~ Buddha “What is soap to the body, laughter is to the soul.” ~ Yiddish Proverb “I would not exchange the laughter of my heart for the fortunes of the multitudes; nor would I be content […]
[Translate] “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.” ~ Ecclesiastes 3:1 “The winds of grace are always blowing, but you have to raise the sail.” ~ Sri Ramakrishna Ron’s introduction. I first learned of Chapter 3:1-8 of the Book of Ecclesiastes on hearing a popular 1960’s […]
[Translate] “One great question underlies our experience, whether we think about it or not: what is the purpose of life? From the moment of birth every human being wants happiness and does not want suffering. Neither social conditioning nor education nor ideology affects this. From the very core of our being, we simply desire contentment. […]
[Translate] “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.” ~ Cicero “To be a presence of perpetual thanksgiving may be the ultimate goal of life. The thankful person is the one for whom life is simply one long exercise in the sacred.” ~ Sr. Joan Chittister, OSB from The […]
[Translate] “Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.” ~ Aristotle “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.” ~ Dalai Lama “From the moment of birth every human being wants happiness and does not want suffering. Neither social conditioning nor education nor ideology affects […]
[Translate] “Do you want deliverance from the bonds of the world? Then weeping profusely, you will have to cry out from the bottom of your heart: Deliver me, Great Mother of the World, deliver me!…. When by the flood of your tears the inner and outer have fused into one, you will find her whom […]
A Sutra Saying
A life filled with wonder
is a wonderful life.
The Perennial Wisdom Foundation
SillySutras.com is a project of The Perennial Wisdom Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization dedicated to elevating awareness of universal wisdom principles. Learn more here.
Donations are greatly appreciated.
- Pope Francis’ Call For A Planetary Revolution of Love and Tenderness April 26, 2017
- Earth Day Message: ‘Spiritual’ People In A Perfectly Crazy World April 20, 2017
- Death? Afterlife? Rebirth? ~ Easter Reflections on Resurrections. April 15, 2017
- What Is Freedom? ~ Question and Quotes April 10, 2017
- Are Fools and Foolishness Scuttling “Spaceship Earth”? April 1, 2017
- Please Call Me by My True Names ~ Thich Nhat Hahn March 24, 2017
- Vernal Equinox Blessings March 20, 2017
- Why Be Here Now? March 11, 2017
- Asking Unanswerable Questions March 4, 2017
- Go For the Gold: The Golden Rule For a Golden Age February 26, 2017
- From Blanked Out to Blissed Out: A Disguised Blessing Synchronicity Story September 5, 2014
- The Luckiest Day of My Life ~ Meeting My Spiritual Master June 29, 2013
- We’re Just Butterflies In A Caterpillar World – A Sutra Song Synchronicity Story November 29, 2015
- Jessica R., Saint Teresa of Lisieux, and the Rose Petal “Miracle” January 24, 2014
- Einstein’s Mystical Views & Quotations on Free Will or Determinism March 14, 2013
- From Mata Amritanandamayi to Amma Shri Karunamayi ~ Ron’s Memoirs January 4, 2014
- I’ve Found A Faith-Based Life. November 18, 2012
- Your Religion Is Not Important May 11, 2010
- Synchronicity Story: Apples and The Road Not Taken April 12, 2015
- One of The Most Unforgettable Persons I’ve Known – a Synchronicity Story February 19, 2013
- Shanta Gabriel: Thank you Ron for this compelling, interesting and...
- Larry Cooper: This is the such a great post. Everything we need ...
- TonyE: On Causality... Jesus Christ certainly broke the r...
- Larry Cooper: Ron and Silly Sutras, thank you for sharing this p...
- G. D. McFetridge: I am not a physicist or anything close to it; howe...
- Larry Cooper: Right on the mark, Ron. We're in an upside down w...
- S c maheshwari: Superb. Really remarkable....
- Barbara Whitfield: Thanks Ron! I needed to read this....
- Gregory Nathan Salazar: Jai VaikuntaRam, OM Sri HanumanJi Namaha!...
- Nathaniel: I think Jesus offers the best strategy I have seen...
- Common "I"-Ness
- Dalai Lama
- Hints For Happiness
- Life and Death
- Perennial Puzzles
- Ron's Memoirs
- Self Inquiry
- Sutra Sayings
- Sutra Sayings Collection
- Synchronicity Stories
- Universal Awareness